Visit Austria/Switzerland with same Schengen visa

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2011 at 14:30:37 #804324

We are planning to visit switzerland for a period of five days .when We applied for Schengen Visa we planned to visit Switzerland only.(ie,Muscat to Zurich and Back) My query is

1. From Zurich through Eu rail Can i visit Austria with the same visa, which i have never mentioned in my Visa application and fly back from there to Muscat.

2.If so ,What will be the fare from Zurich to Vienna

Thanks
    Ashok

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 May 2011 at 14:54:45 #832924

Hi Ashok,

1. My understanding of a Schengen visa is that you need to enter and leave Europe from the country your visa has been issued for, but you can travel across all Schengen countries during your stay. But please be sure to verify what your options are, e.g. though your embassy. Please find details at http://www.myswissalps.com/visa.

2. The fare from Zurich to Vienna can be found in the timetable of the Swiss Federal Railways.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Visit Austria/Switzerland with same Schengen visa’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.