Visit to Switzerland from across the border Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2016 at 16:40:00 #809427

I shall be visiting Switzerland from 29th June Evening to 2 July. I shall be reaching from Paris to Gevena by train and shall be staying from 15 Min Drive from Geneva visit in France.

Want to visit Jungfraujoch and Mt. Plitius and Rhinefall and then move to Stuttgart. I shall be staying from 30 June to 2 July at Luzean. I have some question.

1. How should I plan my Itinerary.

2. I have first class Eurorail pass for my family. Do i have purchase local ticket when i travel from Geneva to Luzean and then Luzean to Interlucken .

3. I tried purchase online ticket for visit to ungfraujoch and Mt. Plitius but could not put code for discount for

the journey,

4, Any other important information and point i have to take care to enjoy my trip.

B, Regards

ALOK

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    12 June 2016 at 17:00:09 #853019

Hi Alok,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

Staying in France when you actually want to visit Switzerland might be problematic if you are going to use public transport. Connections are not good, on average. Apart from that, your accommodation location and day trips are not anywhere close to each other. Please be sure to book a different accommodation, closer to the places you intend to visit, or change your wish list to closer attractions near Geneva and Montreux, for example. The timetable helps you with traveling times. Please have a look at that and you will see what I mean.

What’s included in the Eurail passes can be found here. You do not need tickets for included routes.

Feel free to post a revised plan and any remaining questions you may have.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 June 2016 at 17:03:59 #853020

Hi Arno –

Do Eurail passes discount the Jungfraujoch trip?

Slowpoke

Arno
    15479 posts
    12 June 2016 at 17:21:08 #853021

Hi Slowpoke,

The last link in my previous post shows all the Eurail discounts on main attractions and a downloadable map.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 June 2016 at 17:49:00 #853022

Thanks,

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2016 at 4:07:06 #853023

Thanks for your reply, I was late in booking for accommodations due to which as suggested by you. place got full.

Can some one reply to following questions.

1. I have first class Eurorail pass for my family. Do i have purchase local ticket when i travel from Geneva to Luzean and then Luzean to Interlucken .

2. I tried purchase online ticket for visit to ungfraujoch and Mt. Plitius but could not put code for discount for the journey,

B, Regards

ALok

Arno
    15479 posts
    13 June 2016 at 5:27:55 #853024

Hi Alok,

1. You don’t need tickets. Please see my previous post. If you download the map from that link you’ll see exactly what’s covered.

2. You don’t need to buy tickets in advance. You can buy them when you’re in Switzerland. If online tickets are available, you’ll find the links on our Jungfraujoch and Pilatus pages. I am not sure which code you mean; you do not need a code to get your discount.

I am not sure what you mean by “I was late in booking for accommodations due to which as suggested by you”. Did we suggest specific accommodation or towns before and are they booked out now? Even if so, there will be hotel rooms available closer to the places you want to visit. Hotel Kreuz in Bern is an example.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2016 at 9:35:33 #853025

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your reply, No i did not sent any message regarding my stay.

I shall contact if i have any more question.

• The thread ‘Visit to Switzerland from across the border Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.