Visiting Switzerland from Paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2016 at 16:41:29 #809507

Hello,

My my friend and I (women) are going to visit Europe for the first time. We will arrive in Paris on 9/8 and leaving for Brussel on 9/12. We have 4 days in Paris. I was thinking on the last day, I would like to visit Switzerland by plane as it is only a little over 1 hour. Is that reasonable? If so, What should we do? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 June 2016 at 17:06:47 #853335

Hi leslietravel, welcome to MySwissAlps!

So if I understand you correctly, you are considering to spend 4 days in Paris instead of 5, and spend the last day in Switzerland before going to Brussels?

To be honest, that does not sound like a good idea to me. I would say you need at least two full days in Switzerland to make it worth it.

Flying from Paris to Switzerland is an option, but the train is comfortable. It’s quicker than flying actually: only 3 hours from Paris to Basel on the border. By plane, you would have to travel to the airport in Paris, check in luggage, wait, fly, collect luggage and take a transfer to town. The train is much easier and eco-friendlier too. Please see myswissalps.com/ traintickets/ france for more information.

Can you spend more time in Switzerland somehow? Two days in Lucerne would be worth it, for example.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2016 at 18:53:23 #853336

Thank you. I think I skip that trip for this time. Maybe more time in Paris is better. Thanks.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 June 2016 at 19:37:17 #853337

Feel free to drop by here for a future trip. Enjoy your time in Paris!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 June 2016 at 17:24:13 #853338

Hi LeslieTravel –

In passing, please note that in Europe, your dates would be read as the 9th of August and the 9th of December. A four month vacation would be delightful, and you’d have wll over 3 months to spend in Switzerland.

😉

Just joking, but watch the dates.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Visiting Switzerland from Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.