Place to stay near Lucerne train station May 2016

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 December 2015 at 14:09:54 #808172

Guys – I am planning to visit Switzerland in May 2016 (27th May to 30th May). I will be staying at Lucern and will be visiting Mt Titlis, Interlaken, Murren etc.

Could you please suggest me:

1. A nice place to stay in Lucern that is close to the Lucern Train station. My budget is max 100 CHF per night and looking for a hotel with decent views around.

2. Any particular website you recommend to do the hotel bookings.

3. I need to book the flight tickets as well by end of December but I am not able to decide how the weather will be at Mt Titlis, Murren and Interlaken during 27th to 30 May. Most of the websites are not showing weather information of May 2016 till now. If I book the flight tickets and find out later that the weather is not good on these days (27th – 30 May) I will be in a problem. Can you please help me to plan these?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    7 December 2015 at 14:32:41 #847156

Hi amb11,

1./2. Did you check the list of suggestions on myswissalps.com/ lucerne/hotels? It also shows the websites where you can book. If not, please let us know and we’ll provide more suggestions. What’s the number of travelers?

Note that CHF 100 per night limits you to budget accommodation, which mostly do not have the best views. Is a shared bathroom an option?

3. Unfortunately there’s no way to know what the weather will be like months in advance. You won’t be sure until 1 to 2 days before, and even then things can turn out different than expected. You can have 4 days of wonderful sunny days or 4 days of rain, or, more likely, some rain, some sun and some clouds. The best you can do is have alternative plans for bad weather.

These pages are useful:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 December 2015 at 15:26:43 #847157

Thanks Arno. We are two travellers (me and my wife) and shared bathroom is fine for us. I can at the max go for 150 CHF per night. Could you please suggest ? I would prefer accomodation where I can cook (like induction ovens, if possible). This is just because of our vegetarian food preferences.

I have been through the website you mentioned, but still find it tough to chose. Could you please help me find a suitable place with the above preferences and some decent views.

I am going to visit Murren (walk around the town) and Interlaken (Harder Kulm and Trummelbachfalle). Are these visits dependendent on the weather conditions?

I will also be going to Mt Titlis which I feel is definately dependent on the weather forecast.

Arno
    15478 posts
    7 December 2015 at 16:06:50 #847158

Hi amb11,

You can have a look at these:

Note that nearly all Swiss restaurants offer vegetarian dishes.

Nearly every outdoor activity in Switzerland is much better with good weather. Of course you can visit Mürren when it rains too, but with the views it’s much more memorable. The Trümmelbachfälle are in caves, so the weather does not matter so much there. It’s not in Interlaken, but near Lauterbrunnen, and easily combined with a visit to Mürren.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 December 2015 at 16:09:17 #847159

Thank you so much Arno for the detailed reply 🙂 Much appreciated 🙂

• The thread ‘Place to stay near Lucerne train station May 2016’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.