Walking from Lauterbrunnen to Trummelbach

• bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    22 January 2012 at 6:10:49 #805307

Hello,

I’m looking for a flat, easy walk, paved (since we will be with a baby carriage) with some nature (falls, cows etc) around Lauterbrunnen. I thought of doing the walk from Lauterbrunnen to Trummelbach or from Trummelbach to Stechelberg. I’ve heard that for some parts people are walking on the road itself. Is there a way of avoiding it?

Thanks,
    Bat

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    22 January 2012 at 14:52:16 #836242

Hello Bat,

If you want to do the beautiful and easy hike from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg, and you keep to the right (western) side of river and valley, yes, there will be a road, but with only little or local traffic. Somewhere there will be signs showing you where to cross the meadows to reach the Trümmelbach falls. From there to Stechelberg the road will be busier, but if you want to hike on you can always cross the meadows again.
    Just to let you know: the Trümmelbach falls are inside the mountains, so this might be a bit harder with a baby carriage. The first part up can be done with a small elevator, but there are also stairs, and for a baby it’s dark inside, there’s a lot of noise, and it’s wet.. But spectaculair though!

I’m pretty sure you will enjoy the Lauterbrunnen valley itself, even if you skip the Trümmelbach falls. There’s always the Staubbach fall (near Lauterbrunnen) and the Mürrenbach fall (near Stechelberg).

One of my favourite hikes!

I hope you will enjoy the hike!

bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    23 January 2012 at 2:58:25 #836243

Thanks a lot Olga!

So to summarize and see if I understand it correctly. If I walk from Lauterbrunnen to Trümmelbach I can go on the right side of the river which is on the road but pretty safe with few cars only (on the left side of the river it is not paved and can’t walk with a baby carriage). This is thew white road in “Google Maps” and not the yellow one”.
    Then I follow the signs and cross the meadows which is also paved for walking with a baby carriage and reach Trümmelbach falls. There me and my husband can go up in turn on the elevator while the other stay with the baby and wait. From there we can take the but back to Lauterbrunnen.

Thanks again!

Bat

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    23 January 2012 at 9:05:59 #836244

Hello Bat,

Yes, that’s right. The left side, however, is also paved and busier than the right side – you can hike from Lauterbrunnen to the Trümmelbach falls at the left side as well, but I would not recommend it. It’s more quiet to take the right side.

Does this answer your question?

bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    24 January 2012 at 15:21:20 #836245

Yes, thanks a lot!!

bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    29 May 2012 at 8:54:15 #836246

Hi,
    Just before going few from now I ask the tourist information and they wrote me:

“From Lauterbrunnen to the Trümmelbachfalls it is about 45 Minutes to Walk. There is a paved carfree road you can take along the waterfalls. There is only a small part where it is a gravel path.

The other path is along the Lütschine river. This is all gravel and there are some short steep uphills to do. So I think it is easier to take the paved carfree road to get to the Trümmelbachfalls. “

Does it mean on the right side as we wrote below or the left side, let’s re-ask: the road through Camping Schutzenbach OR on the road through Camping Jungfrau?

Sorry, I just got little confused.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    29 May 2012 at 10:32:11 #836247

Hello Bat,

It’s like I said before, just take the right side of the valley, the side where the Staubbach Falls are, you can’t miss it. Along the carfree road there will be signs showing you where to cross the meadows to get to the Trümmelbach Falls.

• The thread ‘Walking from Lauterbrunnen to Trummelbach’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.