Walking/riding Lauterbrunnen to trummelbach falls

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2013 at 4:25:11 #805978

Hi,
    I’m planning to walk from Lauterbrunnen to trummelbach falls and back around July. I would like not to go on the main road with all the traffic but on the local one and understood that right at the end in order to get to trummelbach falls I need to cross non-paved meadows. Since I’m afraid of snakes is it high grass or completely flat ? High plants that snakes can hide?

Another question is that I thought of riding bicycle to there but wondered:
    – where can I rent one in Lauterbrunnen per hour/day?
    – Where can I lock it near trummelbach falls?
    – Is it ok to ride it on this local road all the way to trummelbach falls? Can ride it in the meadows as well?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2013 at 14:44:08 #838618

From the Lauterbrunnen Train Station, just cross the street and stay to the right. Walk down the scenic valley past the water fall(s). You are on a foot path. Trummelback is on the other side of the valley (narrow valley) and there are plenty of paths/roads to cross over. Trummelbach Falls is a civilized tourist spot with resturant and gift shop. I would walk it and enjoy the view. Well under an hour casual walk. Road is pretty narrow and traffic is heavier in summer. Take the path.

kim11
    Participant
    606 posts
    10 May 2013 at 12:13:02 #838619

The path is covered with road base (like gravel), is very wide and well-traveled. No snake worries.

If you want to ride a bike you can rent one at the sports shop in the middle of Lauterbrunnen (you can’t miss it). You would need to either ride it on the busy road or on the same footpath. The shop will rent you a lock as well and there are plenty of spots at Trümmelbach to lock it up. But I agree with previous comment — do the lovely walk and enjoy the views.

• The thread ‘Walking/riding Lauterbrunnen to trummelbach falls’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.