Feb 7, 2019 - 10:39 PM
I have skied in Wengen but I know my boyfriend is a big fan of Grindelwald. Lauberhorn is of course in Wengen!
Links for more info:
As I have not skied in Grindelwald, what I can tell you is:
- Both areas share the Mannlichen and Scheidegg ski areas
- In addition, Grindelwald has a direct access to First skiing area as well (so you could say one extra skiing area, good if you are an advanced skier!)
- Grindelwald seems to be the more lively place between the two with some good restaurants and apres-ski so if you're after peace and quiet then Wengen might be better.
- There is one less train connection to Grindelwald (if you are getting there by train)
- There is some off piste off the Eiger Nordbahn (better enquire when you are there), and on the other side of the Lauberhorn.
- Wengen is car free, whilst Grindelwald is not.
However, both areas area great places and I think Wengen is a lovely resort with lots of great runs for all levels as well so either one should be fine as a base.
These are not great areas for off-piste, if you are after an off-piste adventure then you should consider Davos, Andermatt or Verbier (with good on and off piste options).
Once you go, please post a review on our site of your adventure!
Last modified on Feb 8, 2019 - 11:45 AM by Maria