Wengen to Locarno train - bus replacement?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
becmcentire
becmcentire
21 posts
Apr 28, 2018 - 4:05 AM

I am using the SBB rail site to check schedules for train travel from Wengen to Locarno on June 20. This is the suggested route that is most scenic. I am choosing Locarno FART station to arrive. The problem I have is it is show the trip from Domodossoia to Locarno FART is by bus?????? All the travel forums says this is a train trip that is the most scenic part of journey. All trips are about 5 hrs. Can you help me by telling me exactly how to book this train trip?\

Wengen-Lauterbrunnen- Interlaken -Spiez -Brig -Domodossola route

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 28, 2018 - 5:01 AM in reply to becmcentire

There has been a landslide, and the train is not currently operating. They are running a bus replacement service instead.

Did you miss this post?

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/landslide-locarno-to-domodossola

Alpenrose

Last modified on Apr 28, 2018 - 5:02 AM by Removed user
becmcentire
becmcentire
21 posts
Apr 28, 2018 - 6:21 AM in reply to Removed user

Yes I did miss your post. So sorry. I am in Texas and haven’t been on the site in a while. Just got on SBB site & could not figure out the bus transfer connection. Then I saw the prior topic discussed about landslide shortly after I posted my question. I am a dummy.

Last modified on Apr 28, 2018 - 6:22 AM by becmcentire

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019