Wengen to Locarno train - bus replacement?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
becmcentire
becmcentire
21 posts
Apr 28, 2018 - 4:05 AM

I am using the SBB rail site to check schedules for train travel from Wengen to Locarno on June 20. This is the suggested route that is most scenic. I am choosing Locarno FART station to arrive. The problem I have is it is show the trip from Domodossoia to Locarno FART is by bus?????? All the travel forums says this is a train trip that is the most scenic part of journey. All trips are about 5 hrs. Can you help me by telling me exactly how to book this train trip?\

Wengen-Lauterbrunnen- Interlaken -Spiez -Brig -Domodossola route

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 28, 2018 - 5:01 AM in reply to becmcentire

There has been a landslide, and the train is not currently operating. They are running a bus replacement service instead.

Did you miss this post?

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/landslide-locarno-to-domodossola

Alpenrose

Last modified on Apr 28, 2018 - 5:02 AM by Removed user
becmcentire
becmcentire
21 posts
Apr 28, 2018 - 6:21 AM in reply to Removed user

Yes I did miss your post. So sorry. I am in Texas and haven’t been on the site in a while. Just got on SBB site & could not figure out the bus transfer connection. Then I saw the prior topic discussed about landslide shortly after I posted my question. I am a dummy.

Last modified on Apr 28, 2018 - 6:22 AM by becmcentire

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018