What happens if you miss the last cable car?

• nandini7
    Participant
    10 posts
    25 June 2020 at 20:24:43 #825598

Back in the first week of March, I managed to make it to the last cablecar from Mannlichen down to Wengen (phew!). I was just wondering what would’ve happened if I missed it. (I wasn’t skiing, just using cable cars as transport – so skiing down wouldn’t have been an option)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    26 June 2020 at 6:16:45 #933752

Hi Nandini7,

That’s a valid question. If for some reason you missed the last cable car down, don’t panic. Head for the cable car station anyway and if you are lucky, you may still get to take the cable car down. Sometimes there are extra services to accommodate a big crowd. The other option would be to hike down if it is safe. If this is not an option, there is usually a number you can call for help. You can find this at the station or on the website. To avoid hassles, best not to miss the last cable car connection 🙂

Always check the timetable: http://www.myswissalps.com/timetable

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2020 at 10:27:49 #933753

A cable car service often operates after the last public service to take equipment or staff ‘home’

• The thread ‘What happens if you miss the last cable car?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.