Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2018 at 13:13:05 #816907

Hi,

I have stp pass.

I want to know what is the BEST/scenic route for following routes?:

Day 1: Interlaken to Zermatt via one route of scenic train of STP pass

Next day:

Day2: Zermaat to Lucerne via another route of any scenic train option of STP pass

Can i see any site while returning from Zermatt to Lucerne like titlis or Rigi or any other site with scenic train route from STP pass plan?

Please advice.

regards

viky

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2018 at 17:58:20 #889515

Hi Viky,

Day 1: I’d travel via Kandersteg – it will take you over the mountain valley on the Lötschberg line rather than under the mountain.

Day 2: Travel via Montreux and Zweisimmen to follow the Golden Pass route: https://www.myswissalp s.com/goldenpass/getti ngthere

Use the timetable here to plan the trips with the via stations: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

You might not have time to go up a mountain if you follow the Golden Pass route. If you’d rather go to a mountain I’d take the direct train to Lucerne (the timetable gives the fastest routes by default).

• The thread ‘Scenic routes Interlaken – Zermatt and Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.