Best seats on the Glacier Express train?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2018 at 20:49:19 #814756

Hello All,

Could you please advice how to choose two seats at Glacier Express from St.Moritz to Zermatt? ( 2 second class) from what side will be the best view?

• rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 March 2018 at 21:25:19 #878748

See http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/gettingth ere but you can’t guarantee what side of the train you will be on when reserving seats.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2018 at 21:43:03 #878749

thanks! 🙂

Meeraoz
    Participant
    46 posts
    13 March 2018 at 23:01:11 #878750

G’day Rockoyster

I have seen the link you provided on the Glacier Express. We are however, doing the Chur to Brig section ie the other way round. Wonder which side we should be reserving our seats to have a good view? When you say “no guarantee” does it mean one can’t choose based on the seating map or that they may be booked out already?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 March 2018 at 23:27:17 #878751

It means that the direction of travel in relation to the seating plan is not guaranteed.

For what it’s worth we travelled Brig to Chur and reserved seats on the bottom of the seating plan and ended up on the right-hand side of the train heading east which was what we wanted.

I think part of the problem is that if you get a seat from St. Moritz and start off on the left hand side of the train heading north by the time you go into Chur and come out again you are then on the right hand side of the train heading west.

My head now hurts. Chur to Brig I would take a punt and pick seats on the top of the plan and hope for the best. My logic is that if you do the opposite of what we did you’ll end up on the left of the train heading west.

Meeraoz
    Participant
    46 posts
    14 March 2018 at 1:32:39 #878752

Thank you for that tip.

• The thread ‘Best seats on the Glacier Express train?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11240 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.