What travel option from Bern to Bevaix?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2019 at 15:54:29 #824021

Hello,

I am arriving at the Bern train station at 21:24 on a Saturday. I need to get to Bevaix. Where’s the best place to get a train ticket? If I go to Neuchatel would a taxi be available on a Saturday night for transport to Bevaix? All suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jackie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 September 2019 at 17:29:59 #922846

Hi Jackie,

You can get a ticket at the Bern station or online: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland /price.

A taxi is a phone call away, but whether they will be readily available at the Neuchâtel train station for example I don’t know. Do check the timetable, there may be trains or buses too: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2019 at 23:24:49 #922847

It’s quite a late time you want to travel so it won’t be ideal. But it is possible

Bevaix is a local station on the Neuchatel – Lausanne railway line. The local trains depart Neuchatel at xx.10 past each hour until the last one at 23.10

To get from Bern you would depart Bern at 21.53 (train RE3942 destination La Chaux de Fonds), arriving Neuchatel at 22.27, so you would have a 40 minute wait at Neuchatel.

Alternatively Bevaix is served by a bus from Areuse station on the Littorial (Neuchatel’s light rail tramway route) but the latter doesn’t run from Neuchatel station

• The thread ‘What travel option from Bern to Bevaix?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.