When should I validate my Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2016 at 16:13:59 #810301

Hi All

We are travelling for 7 days in Switzerland and have a 5 day Swiss Travel Pass so need to decide carefully when to intially validate it?

We arrrive into Zurich on the 12th Dec and train to Lucerne the first day. So I am thinking we will just pay point to point for this train journey and not validate it for this first day. We are staying in Lucerne the second day (13th) and thought we will validate pass the next day as we wont be doing very expensive train travel in Lucerne itself. However I see that we could use the pass and receive a free trip to Mt Pilatus ? Does the pass also give free travel to Mt Titlis?Is it worth validating it this day .Are these trips expensive?

If we do this trip up the mountain from Lucerne we will have to Validate our card Is this more economical do as then at the other end of our journey at St Moritz our pass would have run out on the 17 and we will have to pay for our train back from St Moritz to Zurich on the 18th?? Any Suggestions?Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 November 2016 at 17:32:20 #856858

Hi Lisac,

Nearly all Swiss Travel Pass have the start date already printed on it, so no further validation is required. If you can still choose though, St. Moritz to Zurich is more expensive than Zurich to Lucerne. The Swiss Travel Pass page explains about validation, what’s included (see the map), and more. Free trips to Mount Pilatus only apply from January 1, 2017.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2016 at 2:44:04 #856859

What about Mt Titlis ? Is it a free trip with the Swiss Travel Pass?

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 November 2016 at 11:10:36 #856860

Hi Wong,

Please download the map I mentioned. It shows exactly what’s free and what’s discounted. Mount Titlis is discounted.

• The thread ‘When should I validate my Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.