When to buy tickets for Swiss mountains

• Samuelxchang
    Participant
    30 posts
    16 May 2022 at 16:41:13 #827197

I am planning to visit Jungfraujoch, Pilatus, Gornergrat, Matterhorn Glacier Paradise, Schillthorn, and Glacier 3000. Is it advisable to book in advance (1-7 days before departure) or I can just buy the tickets on the day of departure? I saw posts online that you can just buy on the day of departure, I just want to make sure that this is still possible in 2022. 😁

Thanks!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    16 May 2022 at 19:47:06 #941940

Hi Samuelxchang,

No worries, you can purchase the tickets from the ticket counter on the day you are travelling. If you want to avoid the queues you can also buy the tickets online here: Switzerland Travel Centre

Regards,

Anna

Samuelxchang
    Participant
    30 posts
    16 May 2022 at 23:45:05 #941941

Thank you, Anna!

Lauramassad
    Participant
    5 posts
    17 May 2022 at 11:23:36 #941942

How would I find the cost of lift tickets purchased at the lift station on the same day of travel? How would I know if the prices shown are full fare for travellers without a Swiss Travel Pass? I am interested in going to Schilthorn and Gornergrat.

Thank you. I appreciate your help and all the information you provide on this website.

Laura

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 May 2022 at 18:05:35 #941943

Hi Laura,

All our activity pages offer links to the regular prices. Here are the pages for your trips:

• The thread ‘When to buy tickets for Swiss mountains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.