Where shall I park my rental car near Zermatt?

Where shall I park my rental car near Zermatt?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Cyruslau
Cyruslau
1 post
Jul 8, 2018 - 3:06 PM

I plan to travel by car during my visit in Switzerland from 26 Jul. to 2 Aug.. I know that Zermatt is a car-free place and where is the best place to park my rental car ? and is there any free car parking near Zermatt ? if no free car parking, any cheap and convenient place for choices?

Thanks,

Cyrus

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4738 posts
expert
Jul 8, 2018 - 3:28 PM in reply to Cyruslau

Hi Cyrus-

Welcome to My Swiss Alps!

I recall a car park at Täsch. I'd be surprised if yiu can find any low-cost parking ear Zermatt in late July.

Here are some more:

map.search.ch/?pos=626784,99040&z=32& poi=parking

If that is your only destination, you might check out the trains.

However, one of the hidden costs of using a rental car in Switzerland is parking.

If you spend your time in Zermatt, or other car-feee places suchas Wengen, the car sits in a car park and you get charged for the parking.

In the large cities, over night parking can equal the daily rental cost for the car.

Slowpoke

Last modified on Jul 8, 2018 - 5:38 PM by Slowpoke
Arno
Arno
10757 posts
expert &
Jul 8, 2018 - 6:12 PM

Hi Cyrus,

The car park that Slowpoke mentioned is the only viable option. There is no free parking. Some private garages may offer a limited number of parking places, but likely more expensive than the big multistory car park. Please find details here: www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt/travel.

Whether a car is a good idea depends on the rest of your itinerary: www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain.

Gunzel
Gunzel
108 posts
Jul 8, 2018 - 7:48 PM

I would seriously consider Switzerland's excellent public transport in preference to the rental car option.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4738 posts
expert
Jul 8, 2018 - 8:09 PM in reply to Gunzel

Hi G7nzel -

No mention was made of a "rental" car.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4738 posts
expert
Jul 8, 2018 - 9:55 PM in reply to Slowpoke

Ooops- my mistake. it is a "rental."

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018