Where to buy hiking gas in or near Evolene

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2020 at 15:39:11 #825657

Hi, I’m arriving in Evolene this Sunday pm around 14:45 and I need to buy some gas for my hiking stove – can someone let me know which shops sell gas canisters for hiking stoves and whether they’ll be open on Sunday pm? I’ve already tried Sport Evasion in Evolene but they don’t sell it.

I could get the bus further up to Les Hauderes or Arolla if necessary.

Thanks

PS I guess it’s unlikely but if there’s a shop in or very near Geneva Airport which sells hiking gas that would be great!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    21 August 2020 at 16:43:35 #934142

Hi rsmall,

In general, most shops and supermarkets in Switzerland are closed on Sundays. Your best option to go shopping on a Sunday would be the Geneva airport where retailers operate all year round. However I’m not too sure if you can find to a retailer that sells camping gas canister at the airport.

The Geneva Airport website has a list of shops that operate at the airport. You can find a link to Geneva Airport here: http://www.myswissalps.com/airports/geneva

If you are staying in a camping site with a supermarket on site, there is possibility that you can get a camping canister there. Otherwise, you can check out Decathlon, SportXX or Ochsner Sport which are open Monday to Saturday.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Where to buy hiking gas in or near Evolene’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.