Where to buy Swiss Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2015 at 13:24:15 #807193

I have two questions:

1. Is there any advantage to purchasing a Swiss Combi Flex Pass directly from SBB versus RailEurope other than cost, of course? I like dealing with RailEurope, because I can call and ask questions and the tickets arrive promptly. Would it be the same Combi Pass if purchased from either place?

2. I will be flying into Frankfort and then training to Interlaken. Intend to use the first day on my Flex pass for the Basel/Interlaken portion. How to I get validated if I purchase one ticket for the whole journey? Does Germany validate the CH portion of the ticket?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    9 May 2015 at 8:04:59 #842924

Hi connestee712,

1. All resellers offer the same Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi. The main differences between the SBB webshop and the Rail Europe US website is the price and the way the pass is validated. Please see here for all the purchase options and differences between them. Be sure to select the “Swiss Travel Pass Flex Combi” from the dropdown list, and then click “Show results” to see the options.

2. Validation is explained on the page I linked to. Basically the SBB lets you validate the pass yourself by filling out a few blank fields (name, passport number, etc.). Rail Europe requires to validate it through railway staff, but you can simply do so on the train from Germany to Basel. Ask the staff before you reach the Swiss border.

• The thread ‘Where to buy Swiss Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.