About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Where to stay for Jungfrau in July at a good price
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Where to stay for Jungfrau in July at a good price

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jillclethero
Jillclethero
11 posts
Jun 19, 2019 - 12:15 AM

We are traveling across Switzerland for a week or so end July with a rail pass. Glacier Express from St moritz to Zermatt, then staying a night in Täsch. From here we hope to have 3 nights in Jungfrau area and ‘do’Jungfraujoch ,but I’m struggling to find affordable and attractive accommodation. If we were to stay nearer to Bern would it still be possible to do the Jungfrau in a day by rail, or can anyone suggest a better option. Happy to self cater ( I’m assuming all restaurants are expensive?) or hotel, but would like our own bathroom!

Any advice would be great-thanks!

disantor
disantor
24 posts
Jun 19, 2019 - 3:13 AM in reply to Jillclethero

I wish I had some good advice. I don't think there is much that is affordable in Switzerland -- I've not found it (food, lodging, train, etc). However, there are some places to stay that I have found that are farther afoot from the tourist spots (might need a car or to be patient if it's out of the city). I look at booking.com and Airbnb. They had something highly rated in Ritzingen, that appears to be within reasonable distance of Jungfrau area. I picked dates in July but maybe not your dates.

Of course, a mountain could be in the way. www.airbnb.com/rooms/1 6155634?location=Grindelwald%2 C%20Switzerland&adults =4&check_in=2019-07-08&check_out=2019-07-13&source_impression_i d=p3_1560913146_6ygnM5 7gwr2UcjKh#neighborhoo d

Bern may be reasonable... It is expensive to eat out, so self-catering apartments may be best in terms of being economical depending on your group size. See what you can find on Airbnb and booking.com

Happy hunting.

Arno
Arno
14441 posts
expert &
Jun 19, 2019 - 5:49 AM

Hi Jillclethero,

A day trip to Jungfraujoch is still doable from Bern, no problem. Please find suggested accommodation, including affordable options:

Self catering (apartments) will be harder to find on such short notice for high season, and for 3 nights only. They often, but not always, are available for a week minimum.

If you need more help then please share your dates, number of people, budget, etc. (www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/how-to-get-help-finding-accommodation)

Jillclethero
Jillclethero
11 posts
Jun 19, 2019 - 9:51 PM

Thanks so much for our help and advice, I’ve found somewhere self catering in Hiemberg so well pleased

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021