Where to stay in Jungfrau region for 4 nights

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2019 at 10:00:58 #824628

Hi, my husband and I are flying to Zurich in mid February to catch up with our son and his partner for his 30th birthday. I’m looking for some suggestions on where to stay in the Jungfrau region for 4 nights.

My initial thoughts are 1 night in Zurich, then late train to Lucern the next day and have1 night there, then train to Jungfrau region for 4 nights. We would like to stay in a smaller village, but one that has access to the mountains and other villages. My husband and I don’t ski but love the mountain scenery and coming from Australia, we don’t have much snow, so anything will be lovely. Our son and his partner love to snowboard, so I’d like to be somewhere they can access this.

Our preference would be for a house/apartment/chalet with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

Hope you can give me some ideas. Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2019 at 11:11:00 #926250

Hello Wjwoo and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Nice to hear that all of you are coming along to Switzerland.

The Jungfrau Region is for sure one of the best places to combine skiing/snowboarding with “just” enjoying the beautiful winter scenery.
    http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion

My spontaneous two first thoughts are Wengen and Grindelwald, see below links for details and make sure to check the “Rentals” tab:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/wengen
    http://www.myswissalps.com/grindelwald

Hope you find something appropriate. Otherwise get back to us anytime.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2019 at 9:35:10 #926251

Hi Steph, thank you for your reply. I was thinking of Grindewald or Wengen. I have looked at the links you gave me, but having some trouble finding something. I will keep looking.

Another question for you, what type of rail pass should I look at?

Thanks again in advance 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2019 at 9:59:32 #926252

Hi Wjwoo,

Well fingers crossed you’ll find something appropriate!

As for the best rail pass to choose, there is a nice step by step instruction on how to find the best option in below link:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Enjoy your calculations and feel free to get back to us anytime for further support.

Best,
    Steph

Neil
    Participant
    12 posts
    10 December 2019 at 12:15:01 #926253

My wife and I spent five nights at the Alpenrose in Wengen in September. Highly recommend both. The town itself is wonderful and this hotel is one of our favourites–in the entire world! Wengen is central to many beautiful walks, and sights. A cable car ride from “downtown” Wengen to Männlichen and the easy walk to Kleine Scheidegg is nothing less than spectacular. At the Alpenrose we stayed in the “annex” in a room (I think 216) with a magnificent , unimpeded view of the mountains. Each day you’ll awaken to magnificent mountain vistas and the gentle clanking of cow and sheep bells. I highly recommend the half-board option—a full satisfying breakfast and a delicious five course meal each day. The staff, food, service and ambiance at the Alpenrose will not disappoint. If one room is not enough, get two. You will not be disappointed. You will find the Jungfrau region stunningly beautiful. The world has so many places we want to visit, so we rarely revisit places we’ve been, but the Jungfrau region of Switzerland and the Alpenrose is on our list for a visit! I hope this helps. Cheers, Neil

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 December 2019 at 16:19:12 #926254

We just spent 3 nights in Wengen in late September and I would go back there again in a second. Grindelwald was nice, but not “car free” and definitely a lot busier. We stayed at the Hotel Schoenegg and I would highly recommend it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2019 at 6:12:57 #926255

Thank you Neil & RKeatly2002 for your recommendations. I will look at both of these hotels. Your help is really appreciated.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2019 at 15:34:48 #926256

Hi Wjwoo,

you can have a look at these pages too:

I hope you find a good place to stay.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2019 at 21:23:15 #926257

Thanks everyone for your help. I have booked the Alenprose in Wengen. We are very excited about our trip!

Anna
    6355 posts
    13 December 2019 at 7:40:08 #926258

Hi wjwoo,

That’s brilliant. We hope you will enjoy your trip and do get back to us if you have any further question.

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Where to stay in Jungfrau region for 4 nights’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.