Where to stay: Montreux, Lausanne or Geneva?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Pwnurse1
Pwnurse1
28 posts
Jan 16, 2018 - 3:41 PM

Hello!

I will be staying in the Montreux area from Sept 10-13. I was wondering where to stay for an early flight out of Geneva (8:30 am). I was thinking two nights in Montreux because want to see the castle and possibly the chocolate train to Guyeres. The last night has me concerned, do I stay near the airport in Geneva or can I stay 3 nights in one spot and still get to the airport early enough? Any thoughts on this? Thank you so much!

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Jan 16, 2018 - 7:39 PM in reply to Pwnurse1

Hi Pwnurse,

First train from Montreux leaves at 5:15 and arrives at 06:39 in Geneva which gives you more than enough time at the airport. If you don't mind getting up early, you can stay in one place. You could also go for a very late check in at one of the hotels close to the airport so you can still enjoy a full day in the area of Montreux.

Please check the Swiss time table for all train connections.

Pwnurse1
Pwnurse1
28 posts
Jan 17, 2018 - 5:30 AM in reply to Chantal

Thank you Chantel!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019