Where to stay: Montreux, Lausanne or Geneva?

• Pwnurse1
    Participant
    28 posts
    16 January 2018 at 15:41:30 #814058

Hello!

I will be staying in the Montreux area from Sept 10-13. I was wondering where to stay for an early flight out of Geneva (8:30 am). I was thinking two nights in Montreux because want to see the castle and possibly the chocolate train to Guyeres. The last night has me concerned, do I stay near the airport in Geneva or can I stay 3 nights in one spot and still get to the airport early enough? Any thoughts on this? Thank you so much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2018 at 19:39:17 #874479

Hi Pwnurse,

First train from Montreux leaves at 5:15 and arrives at 06:39 in Geneva which gives you more than enough time at the airport. If you don’t mind getting up early, you can stay in one place. You could also go for a very late check in at one of the hotels close to the airport so you can still enjoy a full day in the area of Montreux.

Please check the Swiss time table for all train connections.

Pwnurse1
    Participant
    28 posts
    17 January 2018 at 5:30:35 #874480

Thank you Chantel!

• The thread ‘Where to stay: Montreux, Lausanne or Geneva?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.