Where to submit luggage

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2010 at 8:51:09 #804656

Please give me information where to submit Luggage to tranfer zermatt in zurich airport or zurich HB?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2010 at 16:25:05 #834067

If you fly into Zurich Airport you can check your luggage at your home airport. Buy and attach one of the Swiss Luggage tags to each piece of luggage you wish to check. At Zurich the luggage is pulled right off the plane and taken to the rail station. The first time you will see it will be in Zermatt.
    If you want to check it in either Zurich airport or Zurich Hbf (main station) take it to the baggage window. These are well marked and are not to far from the ticket windows.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2011 at 18:07:58 #834068

I will fly biz class on Swiss Airlines from San Francisco to Zurich in two weeks. I’d like to send one piece of luggage on to Lausanne where I’ll be working nine days after I arrive in Switzerland. The first eight days my husband and I are traveling in Switzerland. Will the Fly Rail Baggage send the baggage to Lausanne station and hold it for nine days?
    Also, do I just buy the green luggage tag from sbb?
    Is it better to retrieve the luggage in Zurich then check it through the Fly Rail service or can I trust it to be sent all the way from San Francisco?
    Thanks for your help.

Annika
    7104 posts
    30 August 2011 at 9:49:16 #834069

Hi JudithWilson. I don’t think it’s a problem to pick up your luggage in Lausanne after about a week (but to be sure you can contact the SBB). You can arrange for your reservation through the links at the bottom of the reservation page. There’s no need to have it shipped to Zurich first. That would only cause an extra luggage transfer to Lausanne.

• The thread ‘Where to submit luggage’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.