Where to visit between St.Moritz to Winterthur?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2017 at 10:25:45 #813101

Hi,

I plan to walk around St.Moritz lake in the morning (9 am), but I confuse about the distance around the lake, some said 1.8 km., some said 4-5 km.

After finished St.Moritz lake I’ll catch the train to Winterthur, time to arrive before 5 pm., along the way to Winterthur is it possible to do one or two city tour, please recommend where should I visit and at what time should I depart from St.Moritz just to fill the trip.

Just one more question is Swiss Travel Pass be foldable?

Kindly advice thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Surasak

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2017 at 2:03:59 #869096

>> I plan to walk around St.Moritz lake in the morning (9 am), but I confuse about the distance around the lake, some said 1.8 km., some said 4-5 km.

It’s an easy 4.4 km walk taking around an hour. More details here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/lakestmoritz

>> After finished St.Moritz lake I’ll catch the train to Winterthur, time to arrive before 5 pm., along the way to Winterthur is it possible to do one or two city tour, please recommend where should I visit and at what time should I depart from St.Moritz just to fill the trip.

The trip from St. Moritz to Winterthur will take close to 4 hours. The two fastest routes are:

St. Moritz – Chur – Zürich – Winterthur (3 hours 55)

St. Moritz – Landquart – Zürich – Winterthur (3 hours 41 min)

Given your time constraints, the length of the journey, the frequency of the trains, and the towns you go through, I can’t really think of anywhere suitable to explore on your way back to Winterthur. Perhaps someone else can come up with an idea.

A way to make your trip more interesting though (without stopping off anywhere) could be to incorporate a trip over the Flüela Pass by PostBus. I have attached an itinerary that could work, and a map showing the route. I assume you will be doing this trip in mid-September (as this route is not possible all year round).

The route is:

St. Moritz to Susch by train

Susch to Davos Dorf by PostBus over the Flüela Pass

Davos Dorf to Winterthur by train (change at Landquart and Zürich)

If you are interested, you can read more about this suggested route (and see some photos) in the following posts:

Postbus over the Flüela Pass

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-postbus-over-the-fluela-pass

St. Moritz to Zürich via Landquart

My post of Feb 28, 2017 – 4:36 AM (and the following one) on this page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/chur-to-st-moritz-via-davos

>> Just one more question is Swiss Travel Pass be foldable?

Yes, you can fold it, but not through the matrix barcode, which the conductor needs to read with a scanner.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2017 at 3:59:54 #869097

Thank so much for your valuable information. Yes I’ll be there on 20 September, the route you recommended sound interesting.

Thanks and Regards,

Surasak

• The thread ‘Where to visit between St.Moritz to Winterthur?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.