Which is a better deal for Swiss Travel Pass ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 5:34:32 #815245

Hi guys,

I’m traveling to Switzerland for 7 days – Reaching 3rd June morning at Geneva and flying back on the 9th afternoon from Zurich. Plan to stay at Zermatt and Lucerne for 3 nights each.

Which one would be a better deal for 2 adults?

1. Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days and buy regular tickets for the rest of 3 days

2. Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days

Travel plans –

– Geneva Airport > Zermatt + Zermatt > Gornergrat > Zermatt + Zermatt > Klein Matterhorn > Zermatt + Local travel in Zermatt

– Zermatt > Chur + Chur > Lucerne + Lucerne > Interlaken > Jungfraujoch > Interlaken > Lucerne + Lucerne > Titlis > Lucerne + Local travel in Lucerne

– Lucerne > Zurich Airport

Thanks for your help,

Apoorv

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 April 2018 at 6:52:03 #881829

Hello Apoorv,

The official line is: read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math.

But, I would just get an 8 day STP and bask in the glow of convenience of not having to buy tickets all over the place. Not to mention the flexibility of being able to change your plans on the fly if the weather doesn’t co-operate.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 7:50:40 #881830

Thanks rockoyster,

Ya, I did check on that page.. did some math as well.. though at some point it was becoming confusing.

I think I agree, 8 day STP makes more sense for the kind of flexibility and convenience we would get.

• The thread ‘Which is a better deal for Swiss Travel Pass ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.