Which is a better deal for Swiss Travel Pass ?

Which is a better deal for Swiss Travel Pass ?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Apoorv
Apoorv
8 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 5:34 AM

Hi guys,

I'm traveling to Switzerland for 7 days - Reaching 3rd June morning at Geneva and flying back on the 9th afternoon from Zurich. Plan to stay at Zermatt and Lucerne for 3 nights each.

Which one would be a better deal for 2 adults?

1. Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days and buy regular tickets for the rest of 3 days

2. Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days

Travel plans -

- Geneva Airport > Zermatt + Zermatt > Gornergrat > Zermatt + Zermatt > Klein Matterhorn > Zermatt + Local travel in Zermatt

- Zermatt > Chur + Chur > Lucerne + Lucerne > Interlaken > Jungfraujoch > Interlaken > Lucerne + Lucerne > Titlis > Lucerne + Local travel in Lucerne

- Lucerne > Zurich Airport

Thanks for your help,

Apoorv

rockoyster
rockoyster
3684 posts
expert
Apr 10, 2018 - 6:52 AM in reply to Apoorv

Hello Apoorv,

The official line is: read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math.

But, I would just get an 8 day STP and bask in the glow of convenience of not having to buy tickets all over the place. Not to mention the flexibility of being able to change your plans on the fly if the weather doesn't co-operate.

Apoorv
Apoorv
8 posts
Apr 10, 2018 - 7:50 AM

Thanks rockoyster,

Ya, I did check on that page.. did some math as well.. though at some point it was becoming confusing.

I think I agree, 8 day STP makes more sense for the kind of flexibility and convenience we would get.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018