which mode is better to travel -rent a car or trai

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2015 at 14:59:03 #807227

HI!

I am visiting Switzerland for first time I am confused whether to travel and see the country by self driving or should I take train tour? pl. help with your suggestion.

thanks .

pallavi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 May 2015 at 19:12:51 #843110

[quote]pallavi said:

HI!

I am visiting Switzerland for first time I am confused whether to travel and see the country by self driving or should I take train tour? pl. help with your suggestion.

thanks .

pallavi

[/quote]

Hi Pallavi-

What time of year will you visit? How long will you stay? Do you have particular interests or things that you really want to see or do?

Usually, train travel is the best way to go for a first time trip, but, if you have special interests, a car may be appropriate.

You should note that some towns that are popular with tourists do not allow cars; you must park nearby or take a train/bus/cable car to get to them.

This section of the forum might help you decide –

myswissalps.com/ travel

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2015 at 10:37:34 #843111

I am an proficient traveler and auto lover that’s why to rent a car is the best way for me. Traveling by car you can see ​a country or ​a city from all sides.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 May 2015 at 11:04:11 #843112

Hi Pallavi,

Various ways to plan your trip, either by yourself or a travel agent, can be found here.

• The thread ‘which mode is better to travel -rent a car or trai’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.