Which of these 3 hotels in Zermatt is best?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2020 at 18:11:44 #825000

Hi All-

We are only going to be in Zermatt for one day/night (March 29) before traveling on the Glacier Express to St.Moritz. Would love advice, room tips, location (good/bad?) on these 3 hotels. We are looking for a room with a Matterhorn view (some have balcony views) others have full panoramic views (more money of course!)

•Hotel Phoenix

•Hotel Ambiance Superior

•Hotel Bristol

thank you in advance!!

jeanna

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    25 January 2020 at 19:06:53 #928715

Hi Jeana,

They all look pretty nice in the pictures but Hotel Phoenix seems to have the highest ratings. Maybe someone from the forum could offer some insights.

Hotel Phoenix
    Hotel Ambience Superior
    Hotel Bristol

Also you could try these links:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/zermatt/hotels
    http://www.myswissalps.com/zermatt/rentals

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2020 at 21:04:46 #928716

Thanks Anna! I’ve looked at the hotels on the site but they are either too pricey or not exactly what I’m looking for. I’ve narrowed my selection down to these three (leaning towards the Phoenix) but would love some insight from anyone who has stayed at one of them. I’m also wondering if the standard double room at Phoenix has a Matterhorn view from room or just the balcony? I’m between the standard room and the deluxe double That has stunning views out the panoramic windows. If a standard room offers views inside the room and the balcony- I may go that route.

rparsons4159
    Participant
    6 posts
    25 January 2020 at 23:55:20 #928717

We stayed at Hotel Phoenix this past September. Our room was absolutely spectacular with a beautiful view of the Matterhorn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is immaculate and the breakfast was excellent. If I go back to Zermatt, I will absolutely stay at Hotel Phoenix again. About a 10 minute walk from the train station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2020 at 2:15:45 #928718

Rparsons4159- thank you for your reply! I decided to go ahead and book a room there so I’m so glad to hear you loved it! I booked the deluxe double (with Matterhorn view) bc I wasn’t sure if I would get a view in the room if I booked the regular double. What type of room were you in? Just wondering if you had a nice view and if the room was worth the splurge. The hotel itself looks fantastic and I’ve not read one negative thing about it. Yay- I’m excited! 🙂

rparsons4159
    Participant
    6 posts
    26 January 2020 at 3:30:31 #928719

We booked the deluxe double (with Matterhorn view). Our room had the round sitting area with full windows facing directly at the Matterhorn. It was spectacular to watch the sunrise on the Matterhorn. You will love it!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2020 at 18:26:14 #928720

Hello Jcole77,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

Don’t forget to check out these links on the Glacier Express. You can also buy the tickets on the link too:

Good luck!

Suzanne

• The thread ‘Which of these 3 hotels in Zermatt is best?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.