Which part of Glacier Exp route is most beautiful

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2012 at 1:27:58 #804991

I am travelling to Switzerland in May 1st week this year. Kindly advise which part of the Glacier Express route is most exciting & beautiful.

I have both the option below:

1) Either from Zermatt to Andermatt
    or
    2) from Andermatt to St. Moritz

Also as I have to go to Venice from Swiss, I think option 2 seems more convenient (as far as travel is concerned) as I can get to Venice quickly from St. Moritz as its nearer to Italian border. Kindly advise.

Also please let me know if I can use swiss pass till Swiss border & then buy a ticket to Venice from there?

Many thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    9 March 2012 at 6:06:00 #835097

Hi bikashisonline,
    Both legs, Zermatt-Andermatt and Andermatt-St. Moritz are exciting and beautiful.

For me option 2, Andermatt-St. Moritz is slightly favorite (others might have a different opinion).

If you are sure traveling to Venice is more convenient from St. Moritz, I think option 2 will be a good choice. Just to be sure about the most convenient connection I suggest you check the Time table.

The Swiss Pass can indeed be used till the Swiss border. See the (PDF) overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid on the Swiss Pass page.

Enjoy your stay

• The thread ‘Which part of Glacier Exp route is most beautiful’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.