Which rail pass for Lucerne, Interlaken, Montreux?

• PJD18
    Participant
    2 posts
    11 February 2016 at 12:54:20 #808407

i am new to this website but have found it extremely helpful with planning our 2 week trip to Switzerland in September. We have decided to fly to Zurich, stay 3 days in Lucerne, go to Interlaken for 8 nights and do day trips and walking depending on the weather and finally have 3 nights in Montreux before flying back to London from Geneva. We would like to travel on the Golden Pass railway and do some scenic rail travel during our stay but I don’t know which pass would suit us best? It is all a bit complicated!!

Many thanks PJ

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 February 2016 at 16:04:09 #848380

I’m glad to hear that PJ!

A 15 day Swiss Travel Pass would be the most obvious solution for your plans. It allows maximum flexibility as it covers the entire country, and it’s convenient because you don’t have to buy tickets (apart from cable car rides).

Alternatively your can look into a combination of regional passes for each for the 3 regions. Most of those even include cable cars for free.

Which option is best depends on your exact plans (day trips). This page helps you out.

• The thread ‘Which rail pass for Lucerne, Interlaken, Montreux?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.