Ski school suggestions in Zermatt?

• Uallin
    Participant
    115 posts
    29 December 2017 at 9:53:58 #813893

Hi!

Our 3 youths & 1 adult would like to try out beginner skiing in Zermatt. We are looking for perhaps 2-3hrs of private lesson so that they can try skiing on their own after lessons. Any recommendations on which ski school? Apparently there are 5 schools in Zermatt. Now considering http://www.zermatters.ch/en/w inter/node/81 and wonder if anyone has any feedback about them? What are the clothing and equipment rental costs like? Also, where should they go to ski on their own that is safe for their beginner level and preferably without having to pay extra ? Is it necessary to book in advance or can we book when we are there? We plan to have the lesson on 1 March.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 December 2017 at 14:56:31 #873320

Hi Uallin,

In general, the ski schools in Switzerland have a very good reputation. I haven’t used any personally so I can’t recommend one unfortunately – it’s possible another member has though.

My suggestion would be to contact a few of the ski schools and ask about rental/equipment rates and in general anything you would like to know (where else to ski for beginners etc) and base your decision on their replies. I.E. I pick the company with the best customer service (did they reply quickly and how helpful were they etc.).

This is assuming you don’t get any first-hand suggestions – it usually works for me! 🙂

• The thread ‘Ski school suggestions in Zermatt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.