Which valley to visit in Ticino?

Which valley to visit in Ticino?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Mageo
Mageo
32 posts
Jul 16, 2017 - 12:11 PM

Hello,

We are planning to be in Ticino in September and are interested in visiting either the Valle Bavona or Verzasca to see the rugged scenery and ancient villages. Because of our limited schedule, we are wondering if either of these valleys are worth a visit? Would appreciate any input from anyone who has experienced the area. Thanks!

Regards,

Mageo

Lucas
Lucas
3639 posts
expert &
Jul 17, 2017 - 12:51 PM in reply to Mageo

Hi Mageo,

I haven't been to either valley unfortunately, but the Verzasca Valley is on my list of trips to make here just for the river! I'm always hearing about this valley and how beautiful it is!

Have a look through a couple websites that have good information on it:

• http://www.ticino.ch/e n/travel-inspirations/valle-verzasca.html
  • https://www.myswitzerl and.com/en-ch/cool-green-water.html

That would be my choice - perhaps other members who have been there can give more details though.

Cheers,
    Lucas

• Last modified on Jul 18, 2017 - 5:58 AM by Lucas
    Mageo
    Mageo
    32 posts
    Jul 17, 2017 - 10:27 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Thanks so much for your reply and the website suggestions. The information is very helpful and what we have been looking for. We can follow the routes on our PostBus app.

Regards,

Mageo

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
    © MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018