Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Which village & hotel near St. Moritz in January?

Which village & hotel near St. Moritz in January?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Micheleang17
Micheleang17
39 posts
Sep 9, 2019 - 5:14 PM

Hi,

I am having some difficulty in deciding where to stay in St Moritz. We are a family of 2 adults and 1 Child (4 years old). Planning to visit St Moritz and stay for about 5 to 6 nights, arriving on 19 Jan 2020. Looking at a Budget of CHF 100 per night but seems impossible. Because we will be in Switzerland for approximately 3 weeks, therefore trying to find cheap and good accommodation. I have not started looking at accommodation for the remaining of my trip yet. Trying to settle the accommodation for St Moritz portion before I start looking for accommodation for the 2nd part of my trip (Zermatt). I have checked the prices of hotel and holiday homes/apartments on Agoda, e-domizil etc and they are quite costly.

Activities/places I’m considering are

1. Walk around Lake St Moritz, Ice skate and sledging near some hill

2. Corviglia

3. Val Roseg - Feed birds

4. Watch Snow Polo World Cup

5. Morteratsch Glacier

Villages I am considering as my base are Sils-Maria, Saas-fe, La Punt-Chamues, Zuoz, Pontresina, Samedan, Celerina.

Based on the places to visit, which village should I base myself? Or is there a better option which I have not listed? Consideration : ease of going from place to place, child friendly and cheap accommodation. Would you be able to share which of these village has a similar vibe as Grindelwald (relaxing and we can spend the whole day just walking around the little village and pulling our kid on sledge)?

Ildiko
Ildiko
954 posts
top member &
Sep 11, 2019 - 7:25 PM in reply to Micheleang17

Hi Micheleang17,

unfortunately St. Moritz is really expensive, that is true. I made a quick search and the cheapest hotels for your family was at least 150 CHF/night for your dates. :(

All of them could be good from the list of cities mentioned by you, except Saas-fee (it is not around St. Moritz, it is closer to Zermatt).

We have a few recommendations for nearby villages, if you click on the name of the villages each are pointing to a list of hotels at www.myswissalps.com/st moritz/hotels. They are all lovely villages, you will enjoy it, and St. Moritz is close enough so you can do your planned activities.

See also the other labels (What to do & How to travel) at www.myswissalps.com/st moritz/ for more information about St. Moritz.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020