Which would be the best pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2011 at 9:11:36 #804768

Hi,

Me and my wife are planning to visit Switzerland in 1st week May-2012. Actually, we are going in a group tour till Rome and will get separated from the group at Rome. From Rome are planning to spend 1 day in Venice, 3 days in Switzerland and 2 days in Austria (Innsbruck and Vienna). I was wondering whether to buy a Italy-Switzerland-Austria (3 country) 6 day select pass or 4 day saver swiss pass and manage the other journey by point to point. When in switzerland we would like to visit jungfraujoch, Mt.Titlis and take a couple of scenic trains that would get set in my itinerary.

Could you please suggest which pass option would be economical for us?

Thanks in advance.

Anand

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    11 November 2011 at 10:43:48 #834439

Hello Anand! Great that you get to make a tour through Italy, Austria and Switzerland. Only exact calculations will point out which pass or pass combination is best. But generally, such a 3 country pass is only worth its money if you plan to travel quite intensively in all three countries. If that’s not the case, you might indeed be better off buying a 4 day Swiss Saver Pass or a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for the Swiss part of your tour and regular tickets for the remaining countries. The Swiss Pass covers more transportation in Switzerland than the Eurail Pass does (please compare using through the Swiss Pass and Eurail Select Pass page). For example, the Eurail Select Pass doesn’t cover all parts of scenic trains such as the Glacier Express. Moreover, the Eurail Pass is available in 1st class only, whereas the Swiss Pass and Swiss Flexi Pass offer a cheaper 2nd class variant too.

I hope this helps you decide!

• The thread ‘Which would be the best pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.