Which Zurich city pass should I get?

Which Zurich city pass should I get?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mvmomcat
Mvmomcat
43 posts
May 1, 2017 - 7:04 PM

Hello, We will be arriving into the Zurich airport on June 22 at 7:00.. We will be traveling by train into Zurich and spending the night and then leaving early the next morning for Meiringen. We will be tired, but will want to see some of Zurich while we are there. There seem to be several options for passes to get into town from the airport and around town. Which do you recommend. We will be using a Swiss Travel Pass for the rest of our trip, but do not have enough days to use it in Zurich. Thanks, Lora

Lucas
Lucas
5491 posts
expert &
May 2, 2017 - 6:46 AM in reply to Mvmomcat

Hi Lora and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Was that 7pm then? I wouldn't buy a pass for Zurich. A train ticket to downtown from the airport will about about 8chf. Once in town you can easily walk around the city center and explore without using any trains or trams/buses.

Lucas

Mvmomcat
Mvmomcat
43 posts
May 3, 2017 - 2:33 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks for the info. We will,be getting in at 7 AM.

Lucas
Lucas
5491 posts
expert &
May 3, 2017 - 9:10 AM in reply to Mvmomcat

Well if you plan on using a few trams or, taking a boat cruise or visiting any museums during the day while in Zurich, take a look at the ZurichCard - there is a link for it on our Zurich page here.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018