Why can I not order a vignette for two days time?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Kettch
Kettch
1 post
Oct 20, 2016 - 8:09 PM

I am trying to order a vignette for the 22nd October online, but I can only get one that starts from the 25th October, which is too late. Why is this, and can I get around it without having to queue at the border?

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5527 posts
expert
Oct 21, 2016 - 12:26 AM in reply to Kettch

<<"Why is this, and can I get around it without having to queue at the border?">>

I don't know the answer, but I can make a guess.

The organization that processes requests for vignettes requires a certain amount of time to respond. Perhaps they are understaffed because the government is trying to economize.....perhaps they have to do background checks....who knows?

2. - So that you may get one without waiting for their processes, they allow you to buy one at the border.

Just my opinion.

Slowpoke

Arno
Arno
12087 posts
expert &
Oct 21, 2016 - 10:08 AM in reply to Kettch

Hi Kettch, thanks for joining us.

The vignette is a physical product that needs to be shipped to your home address. Moreover, online orders take a bit of processing time, as is the case with many other online purchases. That's why buying and shipping on such a short notice before your departure isn't possible. I'm afraid you're too late to buy online through www.swissrailways.com/ en now. You'll have to stop at the border and get your vignette there.

Have a great stay in Switzerland!

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 12:02 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019