Why can I not order a vignette for two days time?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2016 at 20:09:45 #810263

I am trying to order a vignette for the 22nd October online, but I can only get one that starts from the 25th October, which is too late. Why is this, and can I get around it without having to queue at the border?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 October 2016 at 0:26:28 #856697

<<“Why is this, and can I get around it without having to queue at the border?”>>

I don’t know the answer, but I can make a guess.

The organization that processes requests for vignettes requires a certain amount of time to respond. Perhaps they are understaffed because the government is trying to economize…..perhaps they have to do background checks….who knows?

2. – So that you may get one without waiting for their processes, they allow you to buy one at the border.

Just my opinion.

Slowpoke

Arno
    15484 posts
    21 October 2016 at 10:08:02 #856698

Hi Kettch, thanks for joining us.

The vignette is a physical product that needs to be shipped to your home address. Moreover, online orders take a bit of processing time, as is the case with many other online purchases. That’s why buying and shipping on such a short notice before your departure isn’t possible. I’m afraid you’re too late to buy online through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en now. You’ll have to stop at the border and get your vignette there.

Have a great stay in Switzerland!

• The thread ‘Why can I not order a vignette for two days time?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.