Will Jungfraujoch be open on Sunday?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ashraghu
ashraghu
3 posts
Jan 27, 2018 - 7:28 AM

Hello,

We are travelling to Swiss in April End(April 25th to May 2nd).

We will reach Zurich from Vienna on 25th April. We plan to stay in Lucerne for 3 days , then move to interlaken for 3 days , Zermatt one day , from there to Zurich.

I need following information

1. Will the cable car service available to Mt. Titlis in April end.

2.The day we want to visit jungfrau comes on Saturday on Sunday. So will the train services and jungfrau entry will be open on weekend?

3.For staying Interlaken area if we stay Wengen as our base, is it possible to reach wengen with our baggages(say 20kg each for person). I have heard that cog wheel services may not be up sometime, in that case what will be alternative. Or would you suggest some other place as base for 3 days in interlaken.

Regards

Ashraghu

Lucas
Lucas
9887 posts
expert &
Jan 27, 2018 - 8:00 AM in reply to ashraghu

Hi Ashraghu and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Yes - closes for a brief period in November only
  2. Yes - runs year-round
  3. Wengen is a popular choice for many people here on the website and most would definitely recommend it (as would I). You will be able to take your luggage on the train to Wengen and you can arrange with your hotel to have them pick you up at the station with your luggage (it is a car-free town).
ashraghu
ashraghu
3 posts
Jan 27, 2018 - 8:36 AM

Hello Lucas,

Thanks for such a quick reply.

I have few more questions.

1.Is there sledging activity available for kids under 8 and if yes where is it available.

2.Is it possible to make day trip from wengen to any other places .(Other than jungfrau ).

3.Other than Wengen and Interlaken which other places can I stay in this region, which will be travel friendly like near to railways or bus transportation.

Regards,

AshRaghu

Lucas
Lucas
9887 posts
expert &
Jan 27, 2018 - 9:20 AM in reply to ashraghu

1. Yes, there is sledging in the Jungfrau region but most/all close by mid March - click here to read more details.
  2. Are you looking for towns to visit or other mountains? We have a list of activities in the Jungfrau region here.
  3. My Jungfrau Region link above will details other towns nearby which you can visit or stay in - Lauterbrunnen would have the best rail connections. Also, nearer to Interlaken is Brienz & Thun (if you want to be lake side and aren't needing to be right in the mountains)

Last modified on Jan 28, 2018 - 10:20 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018