Will Jungfraujoch be open on Sunday?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2018 at 7:28:10 #814164

Hello,

We are travelling to Swiss in April End(April 25th to May 2nd).

We will reach Zurich from Vienna on 25th April. We plan to stay in Lucerne for 3 days , then move to interlaken for 3 days , Zermatt one day , from there to Zurich.

I need following information

1. Will the cable car service available to Mt. Titlis in April end.

2.The day we want to visit jungfrau comes on Saturday on Sunday. So will the train services and jungfrau entry will be open on weekend?

3.For staying Interlaken area if we stay Wengen as our base, is it possible to reach wengen with our baggages(say 20kg each for person). I have heard that cog wheel services may not be up sometime, in that case what will be alternative. Or would you suggest some other place as base for 3 days in interlaken.

Regards

Ashraghu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2018 at 8:00:31 #875226

Hi Ashraghu and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Yes – closes for a brief period in November only
    2. Yes – runs year-round
    3. Wengen is a popular choice for many people here on the website and most would definitely recommend it (as would I). You will be able to take your luggage on the train to Wengen and you can arrange with your hotel to have them pick you up at the station with your luggage (it is a car-free town).
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2018 at 8:36:14 #875227

Hello Lucas,

Thanks for such a quick reply.

I have few more questions.

1.Is there sledging activity available for kids under 8 and if yes where is it available.

2.Is it possible to make day trip from wengen to any other places .(Other than jungfrau ).

3.Other than Wengen and Interlaken which other places can I stay in this region, which will be travel friendly like near to railways or bus transportation.

Regards,

AshRaghu

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2018 at 9:20:39 #875228
    1. Yes, there is sledging in the Jungfrau region but most/all close by mid March – click here to read more details.
    2. Are you looking for towns to visit or other mountains? We have a list of activities in the Jungfrau region here.
    3. My Jungfrau Region link above will details other towns nearby which you can visit or stay in – Lauterbrunnen would have the best rail connections. Also, nearer to Interlaken is Brienz & Thun (if you want to be lake side and aren’t needing to be right in the mountains)
  • The thread ‘Will Jungfraujoch be open on Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.