Wrong country name in the Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 16:02:11 #816824

Hi,

I got my Swiss Half fare card booked from happyrail.com and there was a field name “country” for the passport details. I reside in US and got my Indian passport in US. So I gave US in the country field for the passport ID. Is that valid? If not how do I update it ?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 June 2018 at 17:33:01 #889104

Welcome to MySwissAlps Ssk!

Normally the country should be the same one as on the passport. That’s how train staff checks if you are the pass owner: the passport data and pass data should be identical. You have no travel documents with US on it I assume? I’d recommend to e-mail HappyRail and double check with them whether it is ok or not: https://www.happyrail. com/en/contact.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 18:19:48 #889105

I do have a valid US driver license could I use that as the ID-Proof ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2018 at 6:04:03 #889106

Hi Ssk,

No they need to see your passport and it would need to match what is on the rail pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 12:57:06 #889107

Hi Ssk!

I had the same problem, infact I got to know about the issue after seeing your post. I had booked via raileurope-gcc.com and they had already delivered the swiss travel pass and when I checked, the country mentioned was United Arab Emirates ( where I reside ) against my Indian passport number. Apparently this is not going to be an issue as long as the name and passport number match. I got this clarified in the SBB forum.

sbbcffffs-community.sbb.ch/t5/Tr avelcards-and-tickets/country-name-in-swiss-pass/m-p/15265#M793

Hope this helps!

patripe
    Participant
    8 posts
    25 June 2018 at 15:43:20 #889108

Thanks Ibbi

I did the same as you and was getting worried.

• The thread ‘Wrong country name in the Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.