Wrong country name in the Swiss Half Fare Card

Wrong country name in the Swiss Half Fare Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ssk
Ssk
2 posts
Jun 22, 2018 - 4:02 PM

Hi,

I got my Swiss Half fare card booked from happyrail.com and there was a field name "country" for the passport details. I reside in US and got my Indian passport in US. So I gave US in the country field for the passport ID. Is that valid? If not how do I update it ?

Thanks

Arno
Arno
11177 posts
expert &
Jun 22, 2018 - 5:33 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Ssk!

Normally the country should be the same one as on the passport. That's how train staff checks if you are the pass owner: the passport data and pass data should be identical. You have no travel documents with US on it I assume? I'd recommend to e-mail HappyRail and double check with them whether it is ok or not: https://www.happyrail. com/en/contact.

Last modified on Jun 22, 2018 - 5:33 PM by Arno
Ssk
Ssk
2 posts
Jun 22, 2018 - 6:19 PM in reply to Arno

I do have a valid US driver license could I use that as the ID-Proof ?

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Jun 23, 2018 - 6:04 AM in reply to Ssk

Hi Ssk,

No they need to see your passport and it would need to match what is on the rail pass.

Ibbi
Ibbi
12 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 12:57 PM

Hi Ssk!

I had the same problem, infact I got to know about the issue after seeing your post. I had booked via raileurope-gcc.com and they had already delivered the swiss travel pass and when I checked, the country mentioned was United Arab Emirates ( where I reside ) against my Indian passport number. Apparently this is not going to be an issue as long as the name and passport number match. I got this clarified in the SBB forum.

sbbcffffs-community.sbb.ch/t5/Tr avelcards-and-tickets/country-name-in-swiss-pass/m-p/15265#M793

Hope this helps!

patripe
patripe
8 posts
Jun 25, 2018 - 3:43 PM

Thanks Ibbi

I did the same as you and was getting worried.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018