Bought youth Swiss Travel Pass by mistake

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2018 at 12:57:23 #818355

Hello all

I need your urgent and quick advice for this.

Actually today I purchased Swiss travel pass for 19 to 22 September but by mistake selected two youth instead of one adult and one youth. What should I do now ?

I have booked through SBB. On ticket every thing is mentioned date of birth and passport details but written youth.

I already mailed to sbb but not getting reply. Should I with this pass or purchase new without canceling this ? I need ur help .

Please advice me ASAP

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2018 at 13:56:58 #896208

Hi Pkgpanki and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You’ll need to contact SBB to cancel your youth Swiss Travel Pass as is won’t be valid for you if you are 26 or older.

I’m sure you will get a reply from them by tonight or tomorrow. You bought it at the Switzerland Travel Cente r?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2018 at 14:01:59 #896209

Thanks Lucas

I bought it from online SBB …So they will reply how I have to cancel right ? So anyway I should wait instead to purchase new pass right ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2018 at 14:06:22 #896210

In case if they will not reply what I should do ? Is there any facility at station to upgrade this from youth to adult as I bought from SBB online

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2018 at 14:22:25 #896211

There is no upgrade option as far as I’m aware. You’ll have to cancel the pass and order a new one I believe.

They will, I am sure, reply to you within the next day and tell you for sure. Let us know if they don’t and we can try and get in touch too. What email address did you send it to?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2018 at 14:27:47 #896212

Thanks Lucas

maild at I sent is ticketsshop@sbb .ch

I don’t know how they can book as date of birth is printed on ticket? Actually it should not booked automatically as it came under adult by dob. May be it is there system problem.

my email is ******@gmail

• The thread ‘Bought youth Swiss Travel Pass by mistake’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.