How to buy Jungfrau Travel Pass for kids?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2018 at 17:44:12 #819202

Want to buy the Jungfrau travel pass for my family of four. When I follow the links on http://www.myswissalps.com it directs me to 3 different sale sites. When I put in 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 10 & 14} it shows them paying the same as an adult. How is the 30CH price obtained?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 December 2018 at 20:38:30 #900466

Hi Scott, welcome to MySwissAlps,

There is indeed a special fare of only CHF 30 for children. I don’t know of a way to buy this online; they only offer the adult passes unfortunately. You’ll be able to buy the passes for the kids locally at a staffed train station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2018 at 21:01:56 #900467

Thank you!

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 December 2018 at 6:43:52 #900468

Hi again Scott,

I now found that the Rail Europe USA website does offer child prices. Not exactly CHF 30 but close. You’ll have to go to their website using a desktop computer: https://www.raileurope .com/pass/jungfrau-travel-pass-8309. You can then select the age of the kids and get a fixed low price. Somehow that age selection isn’t available through their mobile website.

• The thread ‘How to buy Jungfrau Travel Pass for kids?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.