Zermatt – Matterhon Glacier Paradise & Gornergrat

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2017 at 4:50:37 #811172

I have purchased a 2 country Eurail Pass, which includes Switzerland. I am planning to travel to Zermatt and experience the “Matterhorn glacier paradise”. The Viator ticket is 103 USD for this per head. I also saw that there is a 50% entrance for Eurail Pass Holders. Therefore I i am to avail this benefit, will a Day be deducted from the Eurail Pass or is this a Benefit. I am wondering if I should buy the Viator offer or not?

I am also wondering if the return to the Gornergrat station / View Point and return is free if we have a Eurail pass?

I also wanted to know if the entrance to the Matterhorn Museum is Free with the Eurail Pass? if so is a day deducted or is this a benefit.?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2017 at 9:18:35 #860419

Hi Ruwanthi and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are no discounts available for Gornergrat or Glacier Paradise for Eurail Select Pass holders, nor for the Matterhorn Museum.

The Swiss Travel Pass does offer 50% off Gornergrat, Glacier Paradise and free museum entrance.

In this case with your Eurail Select Pass that you have you are best off buying the Viator ticket you mentioned.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2017 at 9:48:10 #860420

Hi

From Zermatt to Gornergrat its a Regional Train, and with the 2 country select pass, all Regional Trains are Free. can you please confirm this?

other inputs are all great. thanks heaps.

ruwanthi

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2017 at 13:26:00 #860421

Hi Ruwanthi,

No, it isn’t about the train type (regional or other) its the route the train travels on. You should look over the PDF maps on the links above on the passes to see what routes are covered (click on the where its valid tab).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Zermatt – Matterhon Glacier Paradise & Gornergrat’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.