Zermatt to Gornergrat

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 July 2010 at 23:57:54 #803929

Hello…

We desire to take the train journey from Zermatt to Gornergrat which i read is about 45 mins. The question is

a) We would be having Swiss Saver Pass ,hence is this train ride forward and return free of cost?

b) Which time of travel is ideal is it from 16:00 till 19:00 evening or next day morning 7:30am till 9:30am?

c) Will half an hour be enough at the top since we have other travel plans lined up already?

Please suggest…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 July 2010 at 5:25:11 #831609

Hi sanmacviv. I think your first two questions have already been answered in your previous topic. As for question c): spending half an hour at the top would be enough to take a good look at the views up there. If it fits into your travel scheme though, a longer stop would be worth your time. I’ts amazing to just sit down, relax and enjoy the scenery for a while. But again: if your scheme is too tight, half an hour will suffice as well.

A little note on question b), which I forgot in my last answer: if you’re able to travel with a flexible scheme, you can adapt your travel times to local weather conditions. The weather can change during the day and your preference for an early morning or late afternoon visit may change accordingly. Try to check forecasts the day before departure (if internet is available, try SF Meteo) and then decide when you’d like to get up. No seat reservations are available, so you can just get in at any desired time of the day.

• The thread ‘Zermatt to Gornergrat’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.