Zermatt to Schaffhaussen via night trains

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2015 at 12:52:08 #807847

Hello All,I am going to travel to Switzerland in September last week end from Stuttgart, Germany with Swiss Travel Pass. My place of stay for 3 nights is Frutigen. I have planned to visitLuzern, Interlaken, Bern, Trummelbachfalle, Titlis Resort and at lastGornergrat, Zermatt.Because Swiss 4 day Travel Pass is valid till 5th day morning 5am, Ihave planned to travel from Zermatt to Schaffhaussen via night trains. I have to reach Schaffhaussen by 5am. Please help me with connections. I have reserved one day for Zermatt, and we are three people inclusive of a kid.Regards,theyaso

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 August 2015 at 13:06:34 #845813

Hi theyaso,

There are no through night trains in Switzerland, perhaps apart from a few international trains. Usually the last train arrives between 11 PM and 2 AM, and the first one departs between 4 AM and 6 AM. You can find all connections in the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2015 at 13:52:59 #845814

Is there any other way you can suggest, any bus? Trains towards Schaffhausen starts from Zurich starts @4:45am only 🙁

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 August 2015 at 14:11:52 #845815

Sorry, there’s just no real night traveling in Switzerland. No buses either. All options are in the timetable. I think you can best book a hotel in Schaffhausen. You can have a look at http://www.hotelscombined.com /Place/Schaffhausen.ht m to find the cheaper ones.

• The thread ‘Zermatt to Schaffhaussen via night trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.