Zurich Airport – early morning flight

• Manuj
    Participant
    12 posts
    10 July 2022 at 17:06:53 #827736

I have an upcoming travel to Switzerland in Sep, where I’m flying back out of Zurich through an early morning Lufthansa flight, which connects via Frankfurt to US. How long before the flight would I need to reach airport to allow time for immigration, check-in, etc.? We have Indian passports and Schengen visa. Also would I be able to find public transport at that hour from hotel to airport? Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    11 July 2022 at 14:17:50 #944161

Hi toofan,

In most cases, you need to check-in at least 2 hours before an international flight. After check-in, immigration and security check should be quite straightforward.

What time exactly is your flight? If you are spending the night in Zurich, the earliest train to the airport from Zurich HB leaves at 4.33 am (takes about 10 mins). Check train schedules here: http://www.myswissalps.com/timetable. If you’re staying in one of the hotels around the airport, ask the hotels if they can arrange an airport transfer.

Regards,

Anna

Manuj
    Participant
    12 posts
    11 July 2022 at 16:16:09 #944162

Thanks Anna, my flight is at 7 am. So, looks like I’ll need to be at the airport by 5 am. I’m was earlier planning to stay in downtown area, but I think it might be better to stay at an airport hotel. Will check with them on shuttle arrangement.

Anna
    6382 posts
    11 July 2022 at 20:53:49 #944163

Hi toofan,

I agree, that might be a better option. You can find a list of airport hotels here: http://www.myswissalps.com/zurichairporthotels

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Zurich Airport – early morning flight’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.