About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Zurich Airport - early morning flight
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Zurich Airport - early morning flight

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Manuj
Manuj
12 posts
Jul 10, 2022 - 5:06 PM

I have an upcoming travel to Switzerland in Sep, where I'm flying back out of Zurich through an early morning Lufthansa flight, which connects via Frankfurt to US. How long before the flight would I need to reach airport to allow time for immigration, check-in, etc.? We have Indian passports and Schengen visa. Also would I be able to find public transport at that hour from hotel to airport? Thanks!

Anna
Anna
3246 posts
expert &
Jul 11, 2022 - 2:17 PM in reply to Manuj

Hi toofan,

In most cases, you need to check-in at least 2 hours before an international flight. After check-in, immigration and security check should be quite straightforward.

What time exactly is your flight? If you are spending the night in Zurich, the earliest train to the airport from Zurich HB leaves at 4.33 am (takes about 10 mins). Check train schedules here: www.myswissalps.com/timetable. If you're staying in one of the hotels around the airport, ask the hotels if they can arrange an airport transfer.

Regards,

Anna

Manuj
Manuj
12 posts
Jul 11, 2022 - 4:16 PM in reply to Anna

Thanks Anna, my flight is at 7 am. So, looks like I'll need to be at the airport by 5 am. I'm was earlier planning to stay in downtown area, but I think it might be better to stay at an airport hotel. Will check with them on shuttle arrangement.

Anna
Anna
3246 posts
expert &
Jul 11, 2022 - 8:53 PM in reply to Manuj

Hi toofan,

I agree, that might be a better option. You can find a list of airport hotels here: www.myswissalps.com/zurichairporthotels

Regards,

Anna

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022