Zurich airport to take the Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2011 at 15:21:18 #804653

What is the best way to get from the Zurich Airport to catch the Bernina Express to get down to Como, Italy? My flight get in at 7:50 am but there will be customs. My final destination is Bellagio. I am arriving on September 22nd (a Thursday).

Thank you for any advice to a first time train traveler.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 August 2011 at 15:08:20 #834062

Hi trotwood,

I recommend to travel the Bernina Express line using regular trains, rather than trying to catch a official Bernina Express train. There are only a few official trains per day as you can see here, and you won’t be in time to catch the best ones leaving from Chur and Davos. You can best use the Swiss timetable and find yourself a connection using the regular trains via Chur and Tirano.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘Zurich airport to take the Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.