Zurich in 4days – What are the Must See,Do & Eat?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2014 at 0:58:08 #806537

HI!

We are a couple whom will be transiting in Zurich before we head off to Hamburg, Germany for my hub’s worktrip around beg/mid sept. What are the must see , do and eat in Zurich? I have research these Zurich Lake , Rhinefalls, Luzern, Mt Pilatus/Mt Titus, Interlaken , Jungfrouch, Lindt Chocolate ,…. Need advise on how to navigate eg how long to stay is each attraction and how far away? Should we base in Luczern? What about Bern , is it near to Zurich? Many Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 July 2014 at 11:51:46 #840725

Hi klmjo, thanks for your first post here!

Nearly all sites on your wish list have been described in detail on our website, including how to get there, what to expect, etc. Please go here to get started: http://www.myswissalps.com/activities

This guide on how to plan is also helpful I think: http://www.myswissalps.com/plantrip/doityourself/composeitinerary

Zurich is a large city and is not in the mountains. Most people spend a day or two in Zurich at the beginning or end of their holidays. But since you only have 4 days, I suggest to pick one base town and do day trips from there. Lucerne would make a perfect base, although the Jungfraujoch is very far away for a day trip (see the timetable). There’s a lot to see and do around Lucerne!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2014 at 3:33:09 #840726

Hi Arno,

Thank you for your quick reply. Would like to check if I base in Lucerne, it takes abt 2hrs to Rhine Falls (did an estimate check via the timetable) does it makes more sense to go to Rhine Falls from Zurich which takes 1hr … My concern is our big luggage once we touch down, is there any where that we can deposit/ lockers system while we check out the Falls before going to Lucerne? Thanks.

Arno
    15483 posts
    25 July 2014 at 13:36:20 #840727

Hi klmjo,

Yes, you would save time by storing your luggage in the lockers at the rail station of Zurich Airport or Zurich main station, then go to the Rhine Falls and collect your luggage on the way back.

• The thread ‘Zurich in 4days – What are the Must See,Do & Eat?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.