Zurich in a week

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 February 2012 at 21:23:43 #804890

Hi I will be traveling to Zurich for a short 6 day trip. We only have a day trip planned on 17/2/12 Mount Rigi Winter Day Trip from Zurich which should include all transportation in the cost of the tour. We would like to plan a ski day trip and would appreciate any suggestions. Other than that we will most likely remain in Zurich for the duration and explore all that the city has to offer utilizing public transport. Is it worth it to purchase any of the rail passes for such a short trip? We are both beginner skiiers and I have read that there are rail and lift pass combos available. Which ski resorts would you recommend that would be closest to Zurich and would allow for a day trip without breaking the bank.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I apologize in advance if you have answered some of these questions in another thread.

Cheers
    MO.NUFF

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2012 at 23:00:05 #834776

Hi, I am new to this site and I have not yet received any replies to my question. I do see that the moderators are fairly quick in responding to other posts. Perhaps I posted my question in the wrong forum? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
    MO.NUFF

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 February 2012 at 0:31:12 #834777

Hi MO.NUFF,

Welcome to our website! All questions will be answered within a couple of days, in no particular order. The Rigi area you’re already visiting has ski slopes and is fairly close to Zurich. Another option is Klewenalp, a bit further south. And you can check Stoos as well. There are combined rail/ski passes for both these options, so you wouldn’t need a separate rail pass in your case. For Zurich, you may want to look into the Zurich Card.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2012 at 1:15:56 #834778

Arno,
    Cheers! Thanks for the information and I hope I didn’t come across as impatient, just anxious for knowledge to make the most out of my trip. I just discovered this site and so far have gotten a some great tips. Thumbs up!

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 February 2012 at 1:42:30 #834779

No problem at all there MO.NUFF! Good to hear that you like our website!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2012 at 1:52:07 #834780

Arno,
    Which of these ski areas would be the most convenient to Zurich? And which would be the least crowded? We are only beginners and want to avoid as much crowd as possible. Is it usually cheaper to ski during the weekday vs. the weekend or does it not matter?

Thank you

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 February 2012 at 15:15:27 #834781

Hi MO.NUFF,

Rigi is the closest. The timetable will help to check for traveling times. There are also some options near Zurich, at lower altitudes. If there’s snow, it may be sufficient to go there, but I don’t know the details about those places. Uetliberg is one of them (I think it’s only for sledge riding). It’s very close to Zurich and covered by the Zurich Card.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 February 2012 at 12:41:16 #834782

Arno,
    I read something about a supplement fare required for the Zurichcard for after hour rides around the city? Are you familiar with this and help to clarify this?

Thank you

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 February 2012 at 10:27:16 #834783

Hi MO.NUFF,

There’s a CHF 5 supplement if you want to use the nighttime network.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2012 at 10:57:21 #834784

Hi Guys, Please help me.I want to come to Switezerland for 4 days in april 2012.Please advice where shall i come and stay.I want to see geneva, bern,luzern,interlaken,mt.titlis,mt.jungfrau. any ideas. two of us are coming from uk.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    12 February 2012 at 12:02:06 #834785

Hello Mohsinali5,

May I suggest you start a new topic when there’s a new question, also for other readers in this forum?: “Zürich in a week” does not seem to cover your question.

Will you be spending four whole days in Switzerland and do you already know where you will be arriving and from where you will be leaving? As far as I know the main airports for you would be Geneva and/or Zürich.

I can just advise you on a logical order of your trip, which seems to me: day 1. Geneva – day 2. Bern – day 3. Interlaken (with Jungfraujoch) – day 4. Lucerne (with Mount Titlis) and depart from Zürich, or the other way round of course. But be aware of the fact that traveling between these locations will be time-consuming! Please consult the Swiss Time table to see if what you want is possible,

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Zurich in a week’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.