Zurich street parade + electric adaptor euro plug

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2016 at 17:37:58 #809801

Dear Arno/Annika/slowpoke

I hope you remember me (Past Thread: Bernina,Glaciar and goldenpass in 8 days). please i need your advice. I m arriving from UK on 13th August to Zurich airport at 10am. After checks lets say 11 am i m taking train from Zurich Flughafen to Luzern. My concern is on SBB site from 12noon onwards S-Bahn trains are re routed with bus ,tram/underground because of Street parade. i have swiss pass for 8 days stay. My 11yr old afraid of massive crowds at stations and on trains (he had a bad experience of overcrowded metro trains due to strike while we were holidaying in Barcelona). Do i need to worry about it? It seems the parade thing is big event.I m going to take direct train to Luzern. I m not sure how busy trains from airport to Zurich HB stopping.

Next thing mind boggling me is Electrical adaptor plug. I use euro plug whenever i go to europe from UK. Uk plug is three pin plug. will euro plug with two prongs will work in switzerland?. I come across on Trip advisor that some hotels don’t take euro plug because they are different from swiss plug. so much confusion??

Sailaja

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    3 August 2016 at 0:26:47 #854770

<<“I m going to take direct train to Luzern.”>>

That is the correct answer.

Also, don’t go back to Barcelona? 😉

Swiis plugs have hexagonal casing, Sometimes, Euro plugs wil slip into the outlet. Best bet, stop in airport or a main station, and buy a Swiss plug or adapter. Not all Swiss places….epecially older ones, take 3 prong plug. Two prongs were the old standard, but a hexagonal plug is the norm.

Slowpoke

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 August 2016 at 8:07:55 #854771

Hi Sailaja,

Trains from the airport to Zürich can be quite busy any time of the year. No doubt it will be busier during the parade. But it’s only a 10 minute ride. Once the train has reached the main station I expect it to be much less crowded for the rest of the ride, especially since you’ll be traveling in the morning, so there will be no parade visitors on trains out of Zürich.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    3 August 2016 at 9:58:41 #854772

Hi Sailaja-

There are two trains per hour from Zürich Airport to Luzern.

One requires a change at Zürich main station, which my involve a walk, and the other goes direct to Luzern (although it does stop at Zürich HB).

You want the direct ones – the trains that run at xx47. If you have to wait, try the food court across the street from the airport, above the rail station.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2016 at 10:34:51 #854773

Dear Slowpoke , Arno & Annika

Thank you so much for your info and quick response. I know i can rely on you guys. So direct train it is and we will manage 10 min busy ride with our luggage safe and secure somehow, there is no going back now. About the plug i will buy one at airport.

Sailaja

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2016 at 0:56:51 #854774

What about Zurich Aiport to Interlaken, will there be direct trains to interlaken ? I will be coming with some baggage as well, prefer direct trains. Wondering what are the best options. Thanks, Chandra

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    4 August 2016 at 1:04:44 #854775

Hi Chandraks –

Your post is somewhat off the main theme here.

To help you better, and others in the future, would you mind starting a new thread?

Please include your planned travel dates and the nature/size of your party or group.

In the meantime, some study of the timetable will help you answer your question your self:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Thanks

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Zurich street parade + electric adaptor euro plug’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.