Zurich to Black Forest area day trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 5:24:30 #815353

Hi – again I have hit a timing brick wall – wanted to do day trip from Zurich to Black Forest and Rhine Falls – arrive in Switzerland 29th April and leave on first May – apparently tours do not start till 1st May – on first of May I have to travel to Wengen. Any suggestions for perhaps doing a tour there on my own?

thankyou

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 April 2018 at 6:44:38 #882382

Hello Cassa,

I wonder why you would want to go to the Black Forest from Switzerland which already has scenery a million times better that the Black Forest.

If you go to the Rhine Falls you can then go to Schaffhausen and on to Singen and catch the Black Forest Railway to Offenburg. I did it last year and believe me it is not all that memorable unless you enjoy riding through pine forests, passing through the occasional medieval town and sighting the occasional castle on a hill.

A better idea would be to go to the Rhine Falls, then on to Stein am Rhein. Have a look around there – it has a castle on a hill. Then continue to Konstanz which a nice place to experience a small part of Germany. It has quite an nice old town. Back to Zurich from there is only 1 hour.

Use the Swiss Train Timetable (goo.gl/PXbqWw) to plan your travel. If you are not familiar with the timetable it will pay to first read the instructions at bit.ly/2IwxrEV.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 April 2018 at 9:07:10 #882383

Oh Dear! Thanks again. But the whole idea of going to the Black Forest Area is just a thing we would like to do – I am now investigating private tours for my dates . Don’t worry about Switzerland – we are staying in Wengen, Montreux, Zermatt and glacier express to St Moritz and staying there b fore heading to Budapest 😀

• The thread ‘Zurich to Black Forest area day trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.