Jungfrau or Matterhorn after Luzern on 3 day trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2017 at 1:09:34 #810992

Hello everyone

I am looking to reach Zurich on March 10th 2017 by 7am. I have 3 days at my disposal (March 10-March 12). I am wanting to explore Lucerne on day 1 spend the night in Lucerne. I am confused as to which place i should head to on March 11th (Interlaken or Zermatt) ?

Can you suggest which places I should visit during my 3 day stay? Do I do Jungfrau or Zermatt ? I have to fly back to Frankfurt on 12th evening around 8pm.

Can you also suggest which trains I can take to get to my destinations? The 3 days Swiss pass is what I am thinking of right now.

I will have to get back to Zurich latest by 6pm on March 12th to fly out to Frankfurt. Really appreciate any help in planning my trip for me.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2017 at 7:40:55 #859709

Hi Parvathiv and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It is a shorter trip to the Jungfraujoch than to Zermatt so that may factor in on your decision? What is it you are hoping to see at either destination? Is it a matter of what is better to see – Jungfraujoch or the Matterhorn? If the weather cooperates both mountains are quite impressive – given your limited time I would lean towards trying to visit Jungfraujoch, or other attractions near Luzern (German spelling).

The 3 day Swiss Travel Pass is a great option for you. All routes are fully covered by the pass except the last route between the towns of Grindelwald / Wengen and Jungfraujoch (ticket is discounted by 25% for STP holders).

You will have no problem getting to Zurich before 6pm from any destination in Switzerland.
    You can check train schedules here to help plan your itinerary.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2017 at 21:48:43 #859710

Hello Lucas

Thanks for the suggestion. I am thinking of spending day 1 in Luzern , head to Jungfrauoch on day 2 and spend the evening in Interlaken. That leaves me with all of Day 3 (i just need to get to Zurich airport by 6pm on Day 3). What do you suggest we do on Day 3. We like to hike not big into skiing. Any other place you can recommend for Day 3? We will stay in Interlaken the night of Day 2.

Thanks

Parvathi

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2017 at 8:23:14 #859711

Hi Parvathi,

There are several attractions and hikes you can day on the morning of day 3 around Interlaken before heading off the Zurich. Have a read through our activities page for Interlaken here. I haven’t done any hikes there so I can’t recommend any one in particular.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Jungfrau or Matterhorn after Luzern on 3 day trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.