Zurich to Paris -Promo fare only for single person

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2012 at 15:47:05 #805021

Hello.
    Just discovered this fantastic website after searching for feedback on http://www.raileurope-gcc.com. Guaranteed I’ll be posting some more questions look for advice for my upcoming Interlaken trip!

My first query using raileurope-gcc.com:

I searched for Zurich to Paris for 26 May 2012, for the 09:34 departure train TGV9210, 1st class tickets.

If I search for a single passenger, I am shown a a special promo fare of 76Euros. If I search for 2 passengers, this promo fare is not shown! I get the 200 euro fare.

How can I book two tickets using this promo fare please?

Thank you
    Bahrain

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2012 at 9:31:31 #835163

Hi Bahrain,

I’m glad you like our website already! The most common reason for cases like you described is that the number of seats for promo fares is very limited. It depends on the day and time whether those fares are easy to obtain. I’m getting the € 200 fare for 1 passenger also when I searched for your trains. I did see a € 40 promo fare for 2nd class though.

I can’t provide more insights so you may want to contact RailEurope for more details. They may give you the same answer though.

Hopefully this helps at least a bit!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2012 at 10:37:50 #835164

Many thanks for the reply.

I think I was lucky that I got the last promo fare seat. So what I did was search for one passenger and added the promo fare and then searched again to add the normal € 200 fare to the shopping basket and then paid.
    I guess this is useful information if you are searching – always try with one passenger first to see if you can get the last promo fare as the website is not clever enough to show this when searching for more than one passenger.

My only concern at this stage is that seat selection wasn’t provided as an option – the electronic ticket states the operator will do their best to provide seating together. Let’s hope so!

Cheers
    Bahrain

• The thread ‘Zurich to Paris -Promo fare only for single person’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.