How to get there & route details
How to travel to Geneva, and walking route details.
How to get there and back
Geneva can easily be reached by train. The route starts at the train station.
You can best check the map on this page for details. Here's a street by street description as well:
- Leave the station via the underpass to the Rue du Mont-Blanc. Follow the Rue du Mont-Blanc until you reach the lake;
- Turn right, and after 100 m, turn left onto the Pont des Bergues (bridge);
- After crossing the bridge, turn right and walk along the river Rhône. After 250 m you'll reach the Place de Bel-Air;
- Turn left into the pedestrian street and walk up the Rue de la Cité. Keep walking straight, into the Grand-Rue, until you can turn left into the Rue du Puits-Saint-Pierre. After 25 m, turn right into the Rue du Soleil-Levant to reach the St. Pierre Cathedral;
- Turn right into the Place de la Taconnerie, then left into the Rue de l'Hôtel-de-Ville to reach a square (Place du Bourg-de-Four);
- At the other end of the square, take the Rue de la Fontaine down, and keep walking straight to the lake along the Place de Longemalle. Cross the busy Quai du Général-Guisan to reach the Jardin Anglais (English garden) on the lake.
- Turn right and walk along the water to reach the fountain;
- Walk back to the Jardin Anglais and cross the Pont du Mont-Blanc (bridge);
- On the other side of the bridge, turn right, then turn left into the Rue des Alpes. Keep walking straight until you reach the train station. You can reach it through the underpass for pedestrians.
Download the coordinates here (KML file)