Paris Est to Luzern connection information please

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 7:46:09 #816500

Hello Everyone

Could you please help me with the following information

We are taking the train from Paris to Lucerne, via basel. Please provide the information on the plat form change. Or YOu can forward me the website links

23rd June : Train # ICE 9571: Platform number ?????, at 6.40 AM from Paris Est. to Starsbourg

Train # TER96213 , Platform number ?????, at 8.26 Am from Startsbourg at 8.26 AM to Basel

Train # TRN 2467, Platform number ?????, 10.17 AM from Basel to Lucerne

Regards

Jadesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 12:08:50 #887621

Hi Jadesh,

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to see the connections and details you are looking for: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Enter Paris Est to Luzern on June 23 at 06:40

chandni177
    Participant
    55 posts
    7 June 2018 at 18:03:28 #887622

Hi Jadesh,

I would also add that once you get off the train on each station, you can spot the screen with the platform information fairly easily, or ask at the information desks in bigger stations. A lot of trains will also display the platform information for connections inside the train, when the stations approach.

Hope that helps!

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    7 June 2018 at 20:51:56 #887623

I would suggest you check the train times (on the SBB site). Something doesn’t seem quite right with the times you’ve quoted.

Enjoy your travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2018 at 0:21:18 #887624

Thank you Lucas , will check on the website

Jadesh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2018 at 0:24:39 #887625

Thank you Chandni and Gunzel

Will check on SBB. As Gunzel pointed out, the Train # TRN 2467, , 10.17 AM from Basel to Lucerne is not showing up in website. But earlier month I noticed this train on Eurail website. I am not whether it is cancelled for that particular day. Anyway will check on it.

Regards

Jadesh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2018 at 0:30:38 #887626

It’s a slight detour to go via Strasbourg, as there are direct TGVs Paris – Basel, without the need for a change onto a local French train at Strasbourg

Having said that your itinerary shows up on the pan european train computer so I can understand it

You won’t get definitive platform information on French trains as they can vary day to day

The TER train from Strasbourg arrives in Basel SNCF platforms at 10.09. These platforms are slightly remote from the internal Swiss platforms so any late running form France would make the connection tight.

The next Basel – Luzern trains after 10.09 are:

IR2467 at 10.17

EC151 at 11.04

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2018 at 22:39:30 #887627

Thank you. The perfect information you provided. I totally agree with you on the connecting from 10.09 train to 10.17 train. It would be very tight .As per the direct TGV train to Luzerns, I left it because it might get affected with strike, and hence to chosen the early morning train.

Please help with the following doubt

1. Train from Paris ESt, 6.40 Am train to Strasbourg (France). On the Eurail website the very first stop is Strasbourg (France) and later train enters into the Germany and again comes back to Strasbourg (France). Please see the attached file. So should we get down at very first stop (before the train enters into Germany, because we do not have Eurail pass for germany, we have only pass for France, Switzerland, Italy). (http://www.eurail.com/en/plan -your-trip/eurail-timetable( This travels along different stations.

2. The TER train from Strasbourg arrives in Basel SBB platforms # 31 at 10.09. And the next train leaves the Basel SBB from platform # 15 at 10.17 to Luzern. May I know how far these platforms ?,

3. May I know how far these trains are , Basel SBB (France) and Basel SBB (Switzerland) ?.

Regards

Jadesh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2018 at 23:00:30 #887628

The Eurail graphic is a complete mess. Who knows how they managed that! I think somehow the transit points intended for technical not public information have been inadvertantly put in

The TGV Est Europeen high speed railway runs Paris to Strasbourg. Trains going to Germany then go across the Rhine into Germany and continue East.

Your train is first stop Strasbourg at 08.26

To get to Switzerland, get off in Strasbourg main station to connect with the TER Alsace TER200 service to Basel via Mulhouse

All rail services in France are subject to Strikes so you still may have trouble whichever route you are going.

I have already answered your question about connecting from French trains to Swiss trains in Basel SBB. The French tracks (30-35) are separate and that part of the station is currently being redeveloped so walking routes may vary.

Station plan here:

plans.trafimage.ch/bas el-sbb#?lang=en&layer=basel_au ssenplan&x=611410&y=26 6343&r=0.5

(tracks 30 -35 on right hand side of map

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 12:51:57 #887629

Thank you so much for the very detailed information. This is very useful .

Regards

Jadesh

• The thread ‘Paris Est to Luzern connection information please’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.